Grab the chips and enjoy this special summertime salsa.
If you love blueberries, you’ll love this simple yet sophisticated taste-of-summer recipe from Blueberry Love by award-winning cookbook author Cynthia Graubart.
Get started by gathering your ingredients, then follow these quick and easy steps. Be sure to reserve a small basil leaf or two for garnishing the top of the salsa. And feel free to substitute white wine vinegar or another light vinegar if white balsamic is not available.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smash half of the blueberries in the bottom of a small bowl with a potato masher or other implement.
- Add the remaining blueberries, the onion, basil, and vinegar, and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate until serving. This may be made up to 8 hours in advance.