This botanical trio rescues tender skin from summer irritants.
Aloe is well known as a powerful treatment for all types of burns. Here, it works together with the anti-inflammatory powers of lavender and the calming effects of rosemary in a spray that soothes, cools, and soaks right into angry skin — no muss, no fuss.
Aloe After-Sun Relief Spray
This blend, with hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties, soothes and rejuvenates skin damaged by sunburn and windburn. It doubles as an anti-itch and healing spray for those suffering from all manner of skin irritation and bug bites.
Yield: approximately 1 cup
- 1 cup aloe vera juice
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops rosemary (chemotype verbenon) essential oil
- Place all ingredients in a storage container and shake well to blend. Please keep refrigerated and use within 4 to 6 months.
- Spray on skin as often as necessary.
Recommended for: all skin types, especially environmentally irritated and abused skin
Use: as necessary
Blending tools: shake vigorously before each use
Store in: plastic or dark glass spray or spritzer bottle
Other sunburn relief suggestions:
• Add 2 cups apple cider vinegar to cool bath water and soak for 10 to 20 minutes.
• Apply cold aloe vera gel or juice directly to sunburn as often as needed to ease pain and rehydrate damaged tissue.
• Apply cold, strong, regular black pekoe tea directly to sunburn with soaked cotton pads. Repeat as needed.
• Spray chilled lavender or chamomile hydrosol directly onto sunburned areas to help relieve inflammation.