Storey is a leading publisher of how-to books for creative self-reliance, with a focus on gardening, cooking, crafts, building, and animals. We are located in the scenic Berkshires, on the campus of the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (MASS MoCA), three hours from NYC and Boston.
Account Manager — Specialty Wholesale Market
Supervisor: Director of Sales
Date: August 2017
Responsible for developing and executing sales strategies that increase the sales of US specialty wholesale accounts for Storey Publishing and Timber Press books. Assist Director of Sales with management of key vendor managed inventory account.
- Handle specialty wholesale accounts with an eye towards opening new accounts and growing overall sales.
- Support Director of Sales with key vendor managed inventory system.
- Travel to represent Storey Publishing and Timber Press at local and national trade shows is required, weekends and evenings can be required when working a show.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with buyers; understand their business and brainstorm ways to partner with them to promote and merchandise Storey Publishing and Timber Press product.
- Analyze sales data using internal information systems.
- Pre-process and confirm all account orders in a timely manner.
- Prepare and follow up on sample mailings of new books to targeted accounts.
- Maintain accurate notes and records for each account in our contact database.
- Prepare mailing lists and letters for targeted campaigns.
- Special projects as directed.
- 3–5 years of experience in the book publishing industry.
- Minimum 3–5 years of sales, marketing, or retail experience including direct selling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and seasoned networking skills.
- Knowledge of specialty markets.
- Trade show experience including booking, marketing, signage, stocking, setup, staffing, and teardown.
- Excellent phone manner.
- Must be willing and available for travel to trade shows and account visits, including overnight travel.
- Must be able to work well in a team setting.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, File Maker.
- Knowledge of our publishing categories, such as gardening/horticulture, crafts, cooking, and animal care, is a plus.
- Vision and hearing must be acute enough for phone and computer operations, independent travel, and to setup and staff tradeshow booths.
- Must be able to perform physical demands of position which include but are not limited to: agility and stamina to stand, sit, walk, stoop and bend routinely and for long periods of time; must be able to lift and move heavy boxes from one point to another (up to 40 pounds).
- Must be able to independently travel to local and national tradeshows and conferences, this includes travel via car, train and airplane, valid license and vehicle preferred.
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com