Storey is a leading publisher of how-to-books for country living, with a focus on gardening, cooking, crafts, building, and animals. We are located in the scenic Berkshires, on the campus of the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (MASS MoCA), three hours from NYC and Boston.
Publicity & Marketing Assistant
Marketing and Publicity Department
Supervisor: Associate Director of Publicity
The Publicity & Marketing Assistant supports the publicity and marketing department by communicating with media and authors as part of a fast-paced, creative team. Responsible for responding to media requests for images, excerpts, and review copies; coordinating travel and event promotion for authors on tour, developing media lists and updating press contact databases; developing relationships with authors and media; and writing publicity and marketing copy as required.
- Field incoming media requests and handle appropriately: includes mailing review copies, processing image and excerpt requests, and scheduling author interviews.
- Coordinate author travel and event publicity and marketing materials.
- Track, record, scan, and report publicity hits.
- Write press releases and marketing copy as assigned.
- Email, phone, and in-person communication with authors and media.
- Research magazines, blogs, events, and awards.
- Contribute creative ideas as part of the publicity and marketing campaign team.
- Administrative duties including printing, mailing, processing expense reports and tracking budget, and managing contact database.
- Create PowerPoint Presentation for biannual sales conference.
- Manages catalog and marketing materials circulations.
- Updates event posters and other marketing materials using InDesign.
- Assist at trade and special events.
- Market research for marketing campaigns.
- Assist digital and publicity in social media efforts, including scheduling posts, connecting with key accounts and followers, and monitoring trends.
- Work additional projects as assigned.
- Act as primary backup for company receptionist, answering phones and coordinating mailroom activity, as needed.
- Field customer comments via phone, email, and mail and respond promptly with appropriate answers gathered from in-house editors and book research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English, or a related field
- Confident, engaging communicator with excellent oral and writing skills
- Self-motivated, multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Solid knowledge of social media and on-line media platforms.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in InDesign preferred
- Experience in the publishing industry and with Storey’s do-it-yourself topics desirable
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Cannot be color blind
- Vision and hearing must be acute enough for phone work and computer operations
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, salary requirements and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org