This holiday season, give your favorite kitchen helpers the gift of a hobby (and a practical skill) that will last a lifetime! Baking Class author Deanna F. Cook has partnered with King Arthur Flour — a supplier of premium flour and other baking ingredients and equipment — to offer contestants a baking package that’s perfect for kids. One lucky prize winner will receive everything a budding baker needs to start making yummy snacks and sweet treats from scratch. We can practically smell the cinnamon rolls from here!
One grand prize winner will receive:
- One (1) signed copy of Baking Class ($18.95)
- One (1) Classic King Arthur Flour Kid’s Apron ($18.95)
- One (1) King Arthur Flour 12″ Maple Rolling Pin ($44.95)
- One (1) EcoSmart Measuring Cup and Spoon Set ($18.95)
- One (1) King Arthur Bowl Scraper ($2.95)
- One (1) package of 60 Swirl Baking Cups – Assorted Colors ($7.50)
- One (1) 6 oz. package of Semisweet Chocolate Sprinkles ($5.95)
- One (1) 5 lb. package of King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour ($4.95)
The Sweepstakes Has Ended
The winner will be contacted via email on December 12. Check your inbox!
by Deanna F. Cook
Following the best-selling Cooking Class, this delightful baking companion for kids ages 8–12 features 50 easy-to-follow recipes. Lively step-by-step photos teach bakers-in-training how to knead dough, make biscuits, decorate cookies, and produce a perfect pie, along with essential skills like following directions and accurately measuring ingredients. They’ll learn to make both sweet and savory treats and will use fresh fruits and vegetables in recipes such as Bursting with Blueberries Muffins, Zombie Zucchini Bread, and Peachy Keen Crumble. Bonus goodie bag stickers, pop-out gift tags, and bake sale signs encourage kids to share their homemade delights with pride.
Deanna F. Cook has written dozens of award-winning books for kids, including Baking Class, the best-selling Cooking Class, and Farmers Market Create-and-Play Activity Book. She has been the creative development director at FamilyFun and an editor at Scholastic and Disney and is currently the content director at Kidstir and an acquisitions editor at Storey Publishing. She lives in western Massachusetts and is online at deannafcook.com.